Château de Las-Croux 
 
 
 
 
 
  • English
  • Français
home
Originally
visiting the park
inside the castle
informations
links
events
home arrow Originally

THE CASTLE AND THE PARISH OF CROMAC

The castle was built on the rocks and on the remains of an ancient fortress near the village of "La Grand Croux" (Las-Croux).

 

 

The castle of Las-Croux was erected after the 28th of june in the year 1457 and was first dependent of the castle of Mondon (now destroyed) and second dependent of the vicount of Brosse (4 kilometres north).

The Parish of Cromac is a dependency of the castle of Las-Croux and the arms of the Lord were at the front of the church entrance. Nerigne (or Nigon) de La Barde was the Lord by this time.

His wife, Henriette du Plessis, was the daughter of the "echanson" (man who served the wine to the king). The King was Charles the VIth (called the lunatic king : "roi fou").

After Las-Croux, others buildings were built up in the country : La Goutte Bernard (1472) and La Vau (rebuilt in 1486).

BEFORE THE CASTLE OF LAS-CROUX

The country of Mondon had 6 castles and 6 parishes : Mondon and the parish of Cromac, La Vau (said also La Vau Pot) and the parish of Mailhac, Piegut and the parish of St Sulpice, La Tour St Vaulry and the parish of Les Chézeaux, Soulignac and the parish of Georges Les Landes, Oreix and the parish of Arnac, .

In 1368, the castle of Brosse and the land near St Sulpice were invaded by the English.
In 1453, the war against the English ended, Charles the VIIth (the Victorious) was the French King.

In 1457, the parish of St Sulpice-les-Feuilles was administrated by La Vau-Pot. So, the parish of Mailhac was administrated by the castle of Mondon and Cromac was free.

It's why, the parish of Cromac was administrated by the castle of Las-Croux.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
© 2018 Château de Las-Croux
Assistance informatique